Our Services Services We Provide The nature of the services which the agency provides are:- • To provide domiciliary care to service users in their own environment. • Providing - Washing Bathing Dressing Nutritional Advice Shopping Cleaning and Laundry Respite Care Advice and Support Palliative Care Night Sitting Companionship an Social Visits Reablement Nail & Hair Services
• We endeavour to support and promote - Physical well being Family involvement Sight, hearing and communication Continence Mobility/Aids required Personal safety checks Provision of care from other disciplines. i.e. Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy etc. Religious and cultural needs. Equality & Diversity Safeguarding
Service Users and next of kin should be aware that carers will only supervise and not administer medication unless agreed. Full medication policy available on request.
We aim to provide you with a care worker within 30 minutes either side of the time requested. We will try to provide you with a regular care worker for the majority of your care needs. If your regular worker is absent through either sickness, or holiday we will endeavor to provide you with another suitable care worker. We will try and keep the numbers of care workers to a minimum. However over weekends and holiday periods this may be more difficult to do. Our priority is always to cover your care needs with care workers who possess the skills and abilities to do the tasks required.
Before The Service Starts:- A senior member of the company will meet you at your home to discuss how the care will be undertaken and to understand your personal preference in relation to how and when you wish your care to be provided. We encourage a relative or representative to attend this meeting, where you have given your consent for this to happen. This meeting is also an opportunity to agree the specific care that is required and how costs may be met. Forget Me Not will produce a plan of care that explains which services have been agreed and summarise any specific preferences you may have in relation to the care that is provided. Also any risks to health and safety and your well being can be identified.
Service users have the right to expect:- · To be encouraged to be as independent as possible.
· To be allowed to take risks and to live a lifestyle which is, as far as possible geared to their personal choice and preference.
· To be treated as an individual, making their own decisions on matters which affect them, and to participate as much as possible (with the help of friends or relatives if so desired) in drawing up a care plan, reviewing it and agreeing to modifications.
· To have the right to say who will and who will not enter their home within the boundaries of the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
· To be empowered in the decisions about gender of the care worker.
· Not to be discriminated against for any reason e.g. age, race, sex, colour and gender.
· To receive details of the company’s services before the start of contract.
· To receive written confirmation of a service plan, identifying appropriate levels of care agreed with them and by the local authority (where appropriate) to be sent within one week of the start of the service.
· To have details of the care given each day and the outcomes observed and recorded according to the company’s requirements. This will be regularly reviewed according to assessed care needs, and within a timescale agreed with the service user. Care plans will be left in their home, until completion of the agreement (when the records will be returned to the company.)
· To have access to friends, relatives, religious leaders, etc, and to be assisted where necessary in making such arrangements.
· To recognise and fully understand the needs and rights of relatives or friends caring for someone else and help them decide how these can best be met.
All of the above to be met by fully trained staff.
We Provide Services To:- • The elderly and frail • Adults over 18 years old • Adults requiring palliative or respite care • Adults recovering from a stroke • Parkinson's disease (PD) • Multiple sclerosis (MS) • Adults coping with other physical conditions due to illness or accident • Adults with learning disabilities or mental health problems • Post Op - Working with Occupational Therapists & Physiotherapists
Complaints To ensure that the service we provide meets your needs and expectations we would welcome any comments you may care to make. All service users have the right to make a complaint if they are not happy with the service they are receiving. To make a comment/complaint please contact our registered manager Mrs Kelly McCreadie. Full policy available on request.
Confidentiality Our staff need to have access to your personal information and key codes to allow them to carry out their duties. They are not allowed to discuss your details with anyone else. A breach of service user confidentiality by staff will result in an investigation leading to possible disciplinary action. Please refrain from asking our staff about the well being of other service users. Full policy available on request.
Key Holding/Emergency Access To maintain your security doors should NOT be left unlocked to allow access. If possible you should let the care worker in yourself, if this is not possible other arrangements will be made on assessment. If the care worker cannot gain access at the stated time, we will contact the person named as your emergency contact, if they are unable to be contacted we will call social services or the police, this is to ensure that you have come to no harm. No care worker /staff will hold a service users keys unless it has previously been agreed and documented by yourself and a manager. Service users to install a key code safe if possible. This follows our company policy on key holding, Full policy available on request.
Equal Opportunities Policy Forget Me Not Care Limited views itself as an equal opportunities company. If the company hears of an employee discriminating against any other person, disciplinary procedures will be followed. We are committed to developing positive policies to promote equal opportunities in the work place which prohibits unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of any member’s age, sex, sexuality, pregnancy or maternity leave, gender reassignment, race, colour, religion or beliefs, marital status, disability, national or ethnic group.
The Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy aims to promote equality, harmony and respect amongst individuals and to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation of all kinds. Every employee must ensure that their conduct conforms to the standards set out in this policy statement. Full policy available on request